St. Albans School is proud to provide on-site care for your child as he participates in athletics. The school employs two full-time Certified Athletic Trainers who assist in managing the overall health and wellness of the student-athletes.
Certified Athletic Trainers (ATs) are highly qualified healthcare professionals who collaborate with physicians and are trained in preventing, recognizing, managing, and rehabilitating injuries that result from physical activity. Athletic trainers provide the following services to not only optimize health in sport, but to improve quality of life for the St. Albans students:
- Prevention of injuries resulting from physical activity
- Evaluation and assessment of injuries and conditions resulting from physical activity
- Immediate care of injuries resulting from physical activity
- Rehabilitation and reconditioning of injuries resulting from physical activity
- Organization and administration
- Professional development and responsibility
The overall mission of the St. Albans sports medicine team is to provide the best possible, and most expedient, healthcare to all student-athletes. Our ultimate goal is provide the framework for our student athletes to reach their maximum athletic potential in the safest and most productive atmosphere possible.