This beautiful garden, dedicated in 2006, lies between the Little Sanctuary and the Lane -Johnston Building on the St. Albans School campus. At the center of the garden is the school's cornerstone, laid in 1905. The towers of the Washington National Cathedral rise behind the stone walls, landscaped terraces, and gravel pathways that form the Cornerstone Garden.
The Cornerstone Garden may be used by St. Albans alumni, faculty, staff, and their spouses for the interment of ashes. The name of the deceased will be inscribed in the interior walls.
Inside the garden, stone and wooden benches offer a quiet place for contemplation among the magnolias, dogwoods, crape myrtle, and ferns. Weddings, baptisms, and other liturgical services also may be held in the garden.
The St. Albans Cornerstone Garden is the gift of Mr. and Mrs. Leonard P. Steuart II ’53