☒ Designated Onsite
☐ Telework Eligible
Reporting Relationship: Front Desk Attendant
From the top of Mount St. Alban, St. Albans School looks up to the Washington National Cathedral and out to the United States Capitol. Our location serves as an embodiment and constant reminder of the School’s motto: Pro Ecclesia et Pro Patria, for Church and Country. The School was established in 1909 by the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation. Our mission is to prepare boys in grades 4 through 12 to develop and use their spiritual, intellectual, artistic, and physical gifts not for themselves alone, but in service of the greater community. As an Episcopal school, we welcome and embrace boys of all faiths and backgrounds to this caring community that learns, prays, plays, sings, and eats together. We are committed to a diversity among students, faculty, and staff that shapes and enriches our shared experiences.
As part of the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation (PECF), St. Albans, the Cathedral, the National Cathedral School, and Beauvoir benefit from strong ties and collaboration.
Reporting to the Campus Operations and Logistics Manager, the Front Desk Attendant will provide standard clerical, hospitality, and administrative functions in support of St. Albans School.
Specifically, areas of responsibilities will include:
- Provide general reception support to all faculty, staff, parents, and visitors of St. Albans.
- Help visitors with an electronic check in and check out system.
- Receive and respond to phone and in-person inquiries.
- Welcome and monitor campus rentals and events occurring during a given shift. Serve as the onsite point of contact.
- Document and escalate any issues that may occur.
- Serve as point of contact for all reception needs.
- Complete all closing procedures.
The Front Desk Attendant may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the Front Desk Attendant.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 3:00PM - 6:00PM and Sunday 12:00PM - 5:00PM
Additional hours to support school events and PTO coverage may be requested.
For the purposes of management, performance assessment, and span of control, the Front Desk Attendant directly supervises:
Experience:Entry level, no experience required
Education: Completion of GED, or a High School Diploma preferred
Certifications: None required -or- N/A
- Experience working as a front desk attendant.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Experience handling phone, email, and in-person communications and interactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to negotiate, mitigate conflict, and build alliances.
This position requires an individual with the following characteristics:
- Commitment to St. Albans School’s values;
- Good character, kindness, and an open heart and mind;
- Integrity and honesty, with the highest ethical standards to choose the hard right over the easy wrong;
- Personally accountable; assumes ownership, control and accountability for all areas of responsibility and commitments made to others;
- Accessible and responsive; serves others through collaborative problem-solving and openness to new ideas;
- Passionate, collaborative, strategic, and smart with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves orientation;
- Strong team player with high EQ, making it a key priority to develop strong relationships with faculty and staff at all levels at the School;
- Invests the time to be a visible, engaged and engaging presence on campus;
- Ability to establish trust and credibility;
- Flexible and receptive to change;
- A positive “can-do” attitude.
HOW TO APPLY
St. Albans School requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any boosters recommended and available to the general public, absent eligibility for medical or religious exemptions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Albans seeks qualified individuals who are committed to fostering the academic, spiritual, athletic, and artistic growth of every student. St. Albans is committed to creating and maintaining a community that celebrates a diversity of voices and perspectives and fosters respect for everyone.
St. Albans School welcomes and values individuals from all backgrounds. Such diversity is essential to a community of learning and growth. In nurturing the hearts, minds, and bodies of its students, St. Albans prepares boys for fulfilling lives of responsibility, leadership, and service to others.
St. Albans is an equal opportunity employer. We select and promote employees based on qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.