Lifeguards & Swim Instructors
The St. Albans Pool is looking for lifeguards and swim instructors for the 2019-2020 school year (September 9, 2019–June 5, 2020).
Weekday and weekend lifeguard hours are available. Swim Instructors are needed for two, 7-week swim lesson sessions (Fall and Spring).
We are looking for new and experienced lifeguards with a professional demeanor, capable of proper safety supervision, proactive customer service skills, exceptional communication, and positive interaction with patrons.
Instructors should be comfortable working with students of varied skill and age levels, as well be able to provide a safe, positive, and nurturing learning environment. Instructors will be expected to be in the water.
Qualifications for Lifeguard:
- Red Cross Lifeguarding/CPR/FA/AED certification
- Ability to clearly communicate and maintain rules and procedures
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work morning shifts
Qualifications for instructors:
- Past swimming experience preferred
- Swim lesson instruction experience preferred
- Comfortable working with students of varied age and skill level
All candidates will be considered, but preference will be given to candidates with experience. Current, certified pool operators are needed.