Asst. Tennis Club Director
St. Albans School of Washington, DC, is seeking a Head Tennis Professional, Assistant Director of Tennis Club, STA Coach.
Department: Tennis Club, Athletic Department, and Summer Programs
Position: Head Tennis Professional, Assistant Director of Tennis Club, STA Coach
Status: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to: Director of Tennis Club, Athletic Director, Summer Programs Director
Work as a key member of the Tennis Club, Athletic Department, and Summer Programs, to support and accomplish the goals of the School.
Duties and Responsibilities:Tennis Club:
Athletic Department Coaching:
- Work closely with the Director to develop programs consistent with the needs, interests and core values of Tennis Club members.
- Assist in the design and production of promotional materials including brochures, print ads, banners, web content.
- Develop adult tennis instruction program.
- Promote and teach private and group lessons to juniors and adults.
- Help Director to organize, schedule and manage tournaments, clinics, round robins, social events, and other related activities for the benefit of the Club’s members.
- Coach adult club teams and run practices.
- Help administer and enforce Club tennis policies and procedures regarding play on the club courts.
- Help maintain accurate records of all lessons and clinics given; provide monthly written reports.
- Inspect and maintain all physical areas constantly.
- Knowledge of Har-Tru court maintenance.
- Assist in designing and implementing office policies and procedures.
Summer Tennis Camps:
- Assist in coaching various Lower, Middle and Upper school sports throughout the year.
- Run practices and prepare athletes for competition.
- Create an encouraging and positive environment for students.
- Teach students the value of teamwork and the importance of integrity, respect, self-discipline, and accountability.
- Follow the mission statements and educational philosophies of the School, adhering to the St. Albans Core Values statement.
- Coach both summer tennis camps.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Summer Programs.
- Help handle correspondence and inquiries from existing and prospective customers.
- Work independently while taking close direction when appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Business preferred.Capabilities/Expertise:
Minimum three years of experience in management and teaching tennis lessons including, but not limited to:
- Excellent attention to detail, especially in the areas of data entry, invoice processing, and inventory maintenance.
- Ability to understand and implement bookkeeping/accounting procedures and strong math skills.
- Ability to organize workload, set priorities according to department deadlines, with supervisory input.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a proven record of accuracy.
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to write and format professional correspondence, memos, and support documentation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Must be able to motivate and innovate.
- Create an encouraging and positive environment for students. Teach students the value of teamwork and the importance of integrity, respect, self-discipline, and accountability.
- Willingness to coach Lower, Middle, and Upper school sports as assigned by the athletic director; while also serving as a role model to the student-athletes by exhibiting conduct in accordance with the St. Albans Core Values statement.
- Work alongside/support other tennis-specific and school colleagues to improve service to both our tennis & St. Albans communities, whenever/however possible.
- Assist supervising directors as needed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org
under the heading Assistant Tennis Club Director
written in the subject line.