Tennis Camp has been cancelled this summer as we complete our new courts.
Online registration for summer camps and school is now open. Click on the menu items at left for complete descriptions of each class or camp. Printed copies of the summer program brochures are available by request.
Our summer school faculty is comprised of superb teachers from area schools who loyally return year after year, with a substantial number of them holding advanced degrees in their subject areas. While some students use our summer courses to review past work, others use them to prepare for the future. In either case, they benefit from a diverse selection of courses, small classes, dedicated teachers, first-rate facilities, and a supportive environment. This year, we are proud to announce a couple of great additions to our 2015 summer curriculum: for Lower School (grades 2-5), we have added Art Explorations and Music & Movement; for Upper School students, we have added Marine Biology & Oceanography.
St. Albans also continues to create the best summer camp experience in the area! This summer, St. Albans varsity head coaches will offer swimming, football, golf, and rowing camps. We have also entered into a partnership with the Capital Fencing Academy to bring fencing classes to St. Albans for the first time. As in years past, St. Albans will also partner with Headfirst Camps, which will offer Sience & Engineering (featering LEGO ®), multi-sport, soccer, basketball, and Travel Camps for children entering Kindergarten through 7th grade, as well as with i2 Camp, which broadens middle schoolers' exposure to STEM with a wide variety of innovative courses not seen in traditional middle school education.
St. Albans also offers before and after care, as well as a daily “cool down” in the St. Albans indoor pool for full-day campers. This hour provides the students with free time under the supervision of trained lifeguards. Campers are also provided with water, fruit, and popsicles throughout the day. A “Combo-Camp” discount is available to all campers who select different morning and afternoon camps during the same week.
Our goal is to make the summer program experience rewarding and fun for everyone. Of course, our staff is available to help answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to a fun and exciting summer!
Director of Summer Programs
Director of Summer School
Combining Academics, Arts, and Athletics
• Full- and half-day campers take advantage of the wonderful array of offerings by spending part of the day in the classroom and the rest at sports camps; others spend the full day developing diverse athletic skills.
• While some boys and girls enjoy a full day developing diverse athletic skills, others elect to combine both academic, arts, and sports. Some choose to do a morning of academics, arts, and an afternoon of sports, or the reverse.
• Dedicated coaches and counselors escort younger students between school and camps, joining them for lunch at mid-day.
• Parents appreciate the easy pick-up and drop-off procedures that allow them to send siblings with different interests to the program that best suits each child.
• Before care (starting at 7:30 a.m.) and after care (running until 6:00 p.m.) are available for all students and campers.