Thank you for your interest in employment at St. Albans School.
We seek qualified individuals who are committed to fostering the academic, spiritual, athletic, and artistic growth of every student. St. Albans is committed to creating and maintaining a community that celebrates a diversity of voices and perspectives and fosters respect for everyone.
St. Albans School welcomes and values individuals from all backgrounds. Such diversity is essential to a vital community of learning and growth. In nurturing the hearts, minds and bodies of its students, St. Albans prepares boys for fulfilling lives of responsibility, leadership, and service to others.
St. Albans is an equal opportunity employer. We select and promote employees based on qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
If you are interested in applying for a position that matches your interests and professional qualifications, please e-mail your cover letter and résumé, as well as a list of at least three personal references, to STAjobs@cathedral.org. Applications are accepted only for positions that are currently available.
Director of Alumni Relations
Director of Alumni Relations
St. Albans School seeks a thoughtful, creative, and personable Director of Alumni Relations to serve as part of an established and successful Development and Alumni Relations team. This individual will work closely with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations to develop and implement strategies to involve all alumni through events, networking, service opportunities, communication and philanthropy. S/he will be responsible for working with alumni volunteers and coordinating events that engage all generations of alumni.
Serving as the primary liaison to the Alumni Association and its Board, the Director will also coordinate all alumni communication. Specifically, the Director will be responsible for: managing alumni programming locally and regionally, including Homecoming and Reunion Weekend; maintaining and coordinating alumni web pages and social media activity; working with alumni affinity groups; and assisting in fundraising efforts, particularly with regard to Annual and Reunion Giving. Reporting to the Executive Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations, and serving as a key member of the Associate Headmaster for Development’s leadership team, this position is based on the St. Albans campus, which sits on the grounds of Washington National Cathedral.
• In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop, implement and evaluate goals and strategies that ensure growing alumni engagement, both in terms of individual involvement and broad support.
• Serve as primary liaison to the Alumni Association and the Alumni Association Board, attending and arranging all Board meetings and facilitating appropriate follow-up.
• Working with Communications Office, develop, coordinate and monitor strategic communication to alumni including event correspondence, networking and job opportunities, content on the St. Albans alumni website and social media channels, and alumni-specific areas of The Bulletin magazine.
• Recruit and train alumni volunteers locally and regionally to coordinate Reunions and engage fellow alumni across the globe.
• Design and execute strategies for engaging alumni affinity groups and develop new opportunities for alumni career networking.
• Plan and work with the Special Events Manager to execute alumni events
• Assist in all areas of fundraising, particularly as they relate to alumni Annual Giving
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5–7 years of progressive experience in a non-profit, business, or educational setting. A track record in fundraising, alumni/donor relations, public relations, and/or volunteer management, preferable.
• Commitment to ethical fundraising, collegiality, teamwork, and the philosophy of St. Albans School (more information here).
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to connect effectively with a variety of stakeholders and work with volunteer committees.
• Excellent planning and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to achieve goals in a timely manner.
• Availability and willingness to work outside the normal schedule, including early mornings, evenings, school holidays, and weekends, to accommodate volunteer meetings and alumni/school events.
• Excellent computer skills with a high degree of proficiency with the Windows computer environment (MS Word and Excel). Experience with and knowledge of social media communication channels and strategies, and ability and willingness to learn new applications as needed. Two years experience with alumni/constituent database software (e.g., The Raiser’s Edge), preferred.
For more background information and a copy of the full job description, please go here. To learn about our benefits, please visit http://www.pecf.org/employment St. Albans is a diverse community that welcomes and values individuals from all backgrounds.
The School is being assisted in this recruitment by Development Resources, inc. (DRi). A complete description of the position is available on DRi's website here. Questions, resumes/CVs and cover letters should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org All first round interviews will take place at Development Resources, inc. at 1601 N. Kent Street, Suite 1200, Arlington, VA 22209, (703) 294-6684, or via telephone/video conference.