Thank you for your interest in employment at St. Albans School.
We seek qualified individuals who are committed to fostering the academic, spiritual, athletic, and artistic growth of every student. St. Albans is committed to creating and maintaining a community that celebrates a diversity of voices and perspectives and fosters respect for everyone.
St. Albans School welcomes and values individuals from all backgrounds. Such diversity is essential to a vital community of learning and growth. In nurturing the hearts, minds and bodies of its students, St. Albans prepares boys for fulfilling lives of responsibility, leadership, and service to others.
St. Albans is an equal opportunity employer. We select and promote employees based on qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
If you are interested in applying for a position that matches your interests and professional qualifications, please e-mail your cover letter and résumé, as well as a list of at least three personal references, to STAjobs@cathedral.org. Applications are accepted only for positions that are currently available.
Assistant/Associate Director of Individual Giving
St. Albans School, a college preparatory school for boys, chartered by the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an Assistant/Associate Director of Individual Giving to join the Development and Alumni Relations team. Publically launched in October 2013, STRIVE: A Campaign for St. Albans seeks to raise $50 million for Annual Giving, renovated athletic fields and new endowment by 2018. Located on the beautiful grounds of the Washington National Cathedral, St. Albans offers a diverse, collaborative work environment in a nationally recognized independent school.
• Plan and sustain a high level of ongoing contact and engagement with a portfolio of 200-250 major gift and leadership Annual Giving prospects with an emphasis on cultivation and solicitation for the STRIVE Campaign.
• Effectively manage prospect information and track activity through The Raiser’s Edge® fundraising software.
• Identify volunteer opportunities for donors and prospects and track their participation.
• Strategize and plan appropriate involvement of the Headmaster, volunteers and faculty with donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 – 5 years of experience in development/fundraising and/or significant relevant experience in education or business. Record of donor/client solicitation and closing, preferable.
• Commitment to ethical fundraising, collegiality, teamwork, and the philosophy of St. Albans School (click here).
• Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with colleagues and high-level volunteers, including the St. Albans Governing Board and Campaign Committee members/volunteers.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong motivation, initiative and the ability to prioritize.
• Proficiency with Windows computer environment including MS Word and Excel. Experience using The Raiser's Edge® or comparable fundraising management software preferable.
• Availability and willingness to work occasionally outside the normal schedule including early mornings, evenings, school holidays, and weekends.
To learn about our benefits, please visit http://www.pecf.org/employment St. Albans is a diverse community that welcomes and values individuals from all backgrounds.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should send a cover letter and resume to STAjobs@cathedral.org; or mail to St. Albans School, Human Resources Department, Mount St. Alban, Washington, DC 20016-5098.